Monday 22 April 2013

General Update

I've decided it would probably be in my best interest to start blogging more frequently. So yeah, going to try and bust one of these out every month or so.

So, projects : 

GAME // 
Title : Ultro City
Game Type : Flash game, AS3
Genre : Action / Platformer / Beat 'em Up
Progress : 15%

Basically this is a game about a young individual in his urban/steam punk home, who through unfortunate circumstances  is placed in unpleasant predicaments attempting to save his city. The game is story driven  though I'm predominantly trying to make an interesting combat system. I've already implemented the majority of the player moves, combo system, and weaponry, and more or less developed the equip menu, and the inventory menu + all equip able items. I have the basic template down for enemies, and so making more enemies is now mostly reliant on the animation and design of new enemies. I have done the majority of the foundations for the game, but the game itself doesn't have much depth, such as playable levels or even a background for that matter. Hopefully I'll have introduced a few playable levels the next time I make a post. But yeah, just take a look at what I have so far. (excuse the backgrounds, they'll be made shortly)

 Upgrade Menu for stats (purchasable with exp    points for every level up)


























I also have some of the basic illustrations of characters, I have a few more and also some concept illustrations of level designs but I'm having technical difficulties so I'll have to show them later.

Malia - Friend of protagonist :
Zayne - Ice Dragon, friend of protagonist 


Later on I'll probably have a demo for testing etc.


COMIC //

Title : 1/2s (Halves)
Genre : Drama / Psychological
Progress : 0.1% (More or less completely theoretical)

At the moment I'm currently toying with the idea I've had for a while of making a comic. The comic would be based on two people that're always spending time in each others company, they both share many ideals but are complete polar opposites when it comes to taking action. This comic wouldn't be solely based on the two characters, it would more be a medium to highlight and debate various social and emotional topics I've either misunderstood or have an unusual view on, though there would be a running linear narrative. At the moment I've come up with a character design for on of the characters but nothings solidified.

Again I would have an image, but technical difficulties. I'll upload the illustrations on the next post.



LINKS // 
Deviant Art - My various Drawings/Illustrations so far
Newgrounds Profile - Check out my Animations/Games so far


Thanks for reading guys.







No comments:

Post a Comment